Pupa Gilbert (née Gelsomina De Stasio)
- Radcliffe Fellowship 2014-2015, Harvard University. read more
- Winner of the 2012 International Science & Engineering Visualization Challenge. read more
- Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award, UW-Madison (6 awards/year, selected among ~2000 professors at UW), January 2011, Award ceremony April 27th, 2011.
- Fellow of the American Physical Society, Division of Condensed Matter Physics (DCMP), November 2010.
- Elected Chair of the Division of Biological Phyisics, American Physical Society (APS-DBIO), 2010-2014.
- American Competitiveness and Innovation (ACI) fellowship 2008-2010, nominated (without Gilbert knowing about it) by the NSF program officer David Brant, and awarded by the NSF-Division of Materials Research.
- George and Pamela Hamel Faculty Fellow, UW-Madison, 2008-2012.
- Vilas Associate Award, UW-Madison, 2006-2007.
- H. I. Romnes Award, UW-Madison, 2002.
- Cavaliere della Repubblica (Knight of the Italian Republic), appointed by President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, 2000.
- Gert Rempfer "New Millennium Guiding Light Award" 2000.
- "TOYP" Award (The Outstanding Young Persons of the world) of the Junior Chamber International, Award for Scientific and Technological Development, selected among the winning candidates of 116 countries worldwide, 1997.
- "TOYP Italia" (The Outstanding Young Persons of the world) of the Junior Chamber Italiana, Award for Scientific Development, 1997.